Monday, November 23, 2009

Virgin River Gorge....(Beaver Dam AZ Cont....)

The Virgin River Gorge is absolutely gorgeous!
Did you know that it is a fault line that has a river going through it?
The stretch of I15 that runs through the Gorge cost an estimated $17Million/mile to build!
Insane I tell you, INSANE!!!
I drove through it in the dark on our way, so we decided to go on a little sight seeing adventure, and take a few amazing pictures along the way!



First off, this is a picture of the Mouth of the gorge. it looks small, but let me tell you its not!




















This is a picture of part of it too...















To the right, is a picture looking out over it.

















Another example of it! I was amazed at the beauty!














And, the Irony of it all.....an I15 sign along a dirt road with nothing but mountains to see!












A gorgeous view over looking the gorge, with a forest of Joshua Trees!








No comments: