Thursday, June 18, 2009

Money in the mail box......

I totally had to share my wonderful experience of checking the mail on Tuesday.
Like everyday of checking the mail, I turn into that little girl that is excited to see if there is anything fun for me.....Usually, I am just disappointed because all I get are bills.
Well, This day was different. There was an envelope from a company that I am somewhat familiar with...I worked for them 3 years ago, just before Trevor and I were married.
Well, what do we have here, a check for 39.14!?!
What is it that my eyes are seeing?
A paycheck from 2006?
Is this true?
Can this be possible?
Yes folks, this is a true story, the company was audited by the Department of Labor, and was found that they were not paying for a portion of the day they should have been.
So, I was paid 65.54 minus taxes....
Yeah, that's dinner for me and the hubby!
So, you may ask, what is the moral of the story?
Well, Duh, keep checking your mail, you never know when something awesome is going to pop out of it!

No comments: