Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Lost and Found.....What a wonderful thing!

About a two weekends ago I decided it was time to start wearing my wedding ring again, (Like many women, I have fluctuating finger sizes). And it was gone........nowhere to be found. Trevor asked me the last time I remembered wearing it. It was our nephew Braxton's birthday party! That's in September!!!! So about 2.5 months of not wearing my wedding ring!!! We searched the house. I ripped everything out of every spot I thought it could possibly be. I gave up, and decided it would show up sooner, or later, or never! Then that night, at about 2 am, I woke up with the thought of know, for a fact mind you, that I knew where that dang ring was. The night of Braxton's birthday, I was wearing the wonderful ring, and my hands started to swell, so I freaked out and had to have Trev help me take that blasted ring off! When we were coming out of Travis, and Sunny's house, and were getting into the car, Trevor had a pair of camo shorts, that he loved on. They hang low on him, because he doesn't have a butt. (Anyways, off subject)....They ripped (all the way down the front!) as he was lifting his leg into the Durango. When we made it home, bummed for the loss of the shorts, Trevor changed, and took the shorts promptly to the dumpster (good hubby!).......Only, I knew for a fact now that my ring was in one of the pockets of those pants, now at the bottom of the city dump! I was so upset!

This ring wasn't my original wedding ring, it was a wonderful gift from Trevor in April. My original wedding ring is a Platinum topaz, with two small diamonds on the sides...I loved it too, but Trevor wanted to get me a new one........If this happens ever 1.5 years, then I'll be a happy duck!

Anyways, off the subject! So, I was bummed right.....And told Trevor I knew where my ring was, and we weren't getting it back! He just looked at me and said he couldn't believe I had done that....I told him I was very sorry, and started to cry. My wonderful hubby gave me a huge hug and said it was okay. So, Of course I asked if he would buy me a new one in April again.....He told me I would have to be a very good wify, and he would consider it!

On Monday, I decided to re-arrange our living room. When I was moving the computer, I was under the desk trying to untangle the cables, when I lifted the surge protector, and there on the floor in front of me was that ring!!!!

I was so happy, that I called everyone to tell them not to fret, I found my ring!

So, Lost sucks, but finding something you thought was gone forever! What a wonderful thing!

No comments: