Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Our long weekend, actually started on a sour note.......Trevor was hurt at work....My wonderfully clumsy hubby rolled his ankle on a round rock on a path at work, and to catch himself twisted his leg. So, he came home on Wednesday evening with a swollen leg from knee to toe! So, he ended up getting a 5 day weekend, and to the doctor we went on Thursday. Turns out he severely sprained his ankle, and knee, and had to stay off of it as much as possible for the next few days.

We went to Braxton's graduation on Friday, and then relaxed on Saturday with a lunch with his Mom who celebrated her birthday with us at lunch, then a movie (Terminator Salvation...which by the way is awesome!)

Sunday, We had a wonderful BBQ with Trevor's Dad, and Travis, Sunny and kids, also had Brad and Ashley in attendance. Even with the rain it turned out great! This year I convinced Ben to try to smoke Brisket.....and oh my goodness it was so yummy! We also had Fried Okra, Spinach dip, Banana Pudding made by Travis, and BBQ Beans. I ate so much that I didn't eat dinner that night. We then headed over to Travis and Sunny's for some fun Guitar Hero with Travis, Sunny, Brad, Ashley, Brianna, Trevor, and of course ME! I have also included a picture of the pretty rainbow after the major downpour!

























Monday, We relaxed, and went on a drive around Pocatello. I hope everyone out there had a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend.
I want to take a moment, and thank those who have fought, and died for our freedom. I am very thankful to live in a free country. I am also very thankful for the families of those soldiers. We need to remember that they are heroes too.

No comments: