Thursday, April 16, 2009

100th post......Unconditional Love

The following is some pictures, and a story.
It touched me, and made me start thinking about
Life, Love, and Happiness.
I want to say thank you to all my friends and family for
being a great support system for me in my times of need.
I am very thankful to have such a great man as my soul mate,
and am lucky to call him my husband.
I look forward to everyday we have together,
and am very thankful for everyday
that passes when I am in your arms.
We should all be so lucky………. Her name is Katie Kirkpatrick, 21 yrs old. Next to her is her fiancee, Nick, 23. This picture was taken prior to their wedding January 11Th, 2005. Katie has terminal cancer and spends hours in chemotherapy.Here Nick awaits while she finishes one of the sessions..

Even in pain and dealing with her organs shutting down, with the help of morphine, Katie took care of every single wedding planning. Her dress had to be adjusted several times due to Katie ' s constant weight loss.


An expected guest was her oxygen tank. Katie had to use it during the ceremony and reception. The other couple in this picture are Nick ' s parents, very emotional with the wedding and of course to see their son marrying the girl he fell in love when he was an adolescent.

Katie, in a wheel chair listening to her husband and friends singing to her.

In the middle of the party Katie had to rest for a bit and catch her breath. The pain doesn't ' t allow her to stand for long period of time.

Katie died 5 days after her wedding.
To see a fragile woman dress as bride with a beautiful smile makes you think...
happiness is always there within reach, no matter how long it lasts.....
lets enjoy life and don ' t live a complicated life.
Life is too short.
work as if it was your first day
forgive as soon as possible
love without boundaries
laugh without control
and never stop smiling
even if you don't know the reason.
Please pray for those suffering from cancer.
We all have close to our heart.

No comments: