Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 1, and 2 of October Challenge!!

Hey all! Welcome to October!  As I stated in my previous post, my October challenge is crock pot month!!

Day 1 Monday-- Sliders
Wasn't a crock pot day, Trevor loves the sliders at Chili's, but we don't eat there, because of horrible customer service at a few locations.... So, I found a recipe for them, and tweaked it for us!

Burger (depending on how many sliders you want to make, I did 1/2lb)
Heavy Cream(Add as much as you want, I used 2 tablespoons)
Seasonings(up to you)
Swiss Cheese
Slider Burger Buns
Diced Mushrooms(up to you)
Diced Onion
1-2 tbsp Butter
Favorite toppings

Mix burger, seasonings, cream make patties about 1/4 cup. Saute the mushrooms and onion in butter.  Cook Burgers, when they are almost done put a little mushrooms and onion on top of each with some swiss cheese.

Sides for this dish are quite easy as well, you can pretty much have whatever you want.  I steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower with a little butter.

Day 2 Tuesday-- Lazy Pork chops(Crock pot)
I chose a marinade for some pork chops I had in the Freezer.  I always have a hard time choosing marinades, this one was Garlic and Cracked Pepper. 

I marinaded them in the fridge overnight.  At noon I put them in the crock pot on HIGH with all the marinade and left them for 3 hours.  Depending on how many chops you are cooking you may need a longer cook time, I only made 2 chops for us.  I flipped them over and turned to LOW.

The sides for this dish: rolls, mashed potatoes, and green beans.

No comments: