Sunday, November 11, 2012

November 11- Veterans day

Today, as with every day, I am thankful for our Veterans.  To be free, we have to fight for it, and we have brave men and women who go out and risk their lives for that freedom.

When I was in school, and choir we would go each year to sing to the veterans in the homes, and I always got emotional.  I have family members who fought, and were hurt in combat, and those who came home with issues, like my father did from Vietnam. 

We can't say thank you to these men and women enough, or be grateful enough that they were able to come home safely.  I pray everyday for those who are active in duty, and on the front line.  We thank you.

Sadly, too many young men and women die for our freedom, and we can't have days like today, celebrating those who survived, without remember those who didn't get to come home. 

Once again, we thank you for your service.

No comments: