Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November 7- The right to be me!

I am thankful today that I can be myself, I'm a big girl, who can make her own decisions,  and if you have a problem with it, then, that is your personal issue and quite frankly, you can go to hell. :)

Yesterday was the Presidential Election.  I spent most of the night watching the polls close, and the announcements read.  It upset me that so many people were blatantly racist, and quite simply rude on their comments on social networking sights.  Sadly, some of these were friends, or relatives of mine.

I voted for Obama, and I still stand behind him.  Yes, he has made a few mistakes, and no, he hasn't kept some of his promises yet, but I have faith.  People will always complain about the President, I'm sure I would be complaining right now if it was Romney as the President-Elect. 

To say as I've seen so many people say, "Obama has screwed us", I don't really think this is right to say.  How can one person screw billions?  The thing is, he can't make anything happen with out Congress and the Senate behind him.

Yes, our economy isn't the best right now, but it is far better than it was in March 2008, when my husband was laid off for 6 months, and we had to fight for food stamps, and unemployment.  Flash Forward to the year 2011, Trevor made more than he did the whole year of 2008, and he only worked 1.5 months of the year, and was Laid off for 6 months, and on workers comp the 4.5 months.

There have been cuts in spending across the board, and the people whose spending has been cut are upset, and blame Obama, but he is trying to help the big picture here, that was shattered over 8 years under Bush.  You might not be able to see that, and I know it is hard when your pay is cut, or whatever issues you may have.

In 4 years, we will have another chance to fight about who is better to run our country, I can only hope and pray that we can all get along, and see others points of view.

On another note, I was very pleased to see that 3 states have passed Marriage Equality.  I hope and pray that this is something that will soon sweep the nation.  I can't imagine being told I didn't have the right to marry the love of my life.

While I have my own personal views on abortion, I definitely was happy to see that the 2 candidates who made the stupid comments about pregnancy by rape being gods plan, and the other comments, were not Elected.  A woman should always have rights over her own body, regardless of my beliefs, or anyone else's, it is her decision.

If you don't like what I have written here today, that is okay.  You don't have to read anything else I write on my blog, I will survive without a reader or two.

No comments: